Last updated July 2017
American Academy for Oral Systemic Health Corp. ("Company" or "We" or “Our” or “AAOSH”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the AAOSH website (our "Site") or use Company’s membership services (our “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site or our Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site or our Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages gathered or sourced for the purpose of using Company’s Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party apps and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other app unaffiliated with the Services operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or Services.
Your choice to Share User Contribtuions
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services, such as User Contributions, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please visit your profile settings.
Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Contribution that you make public is searchable by other users. If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other users or third parties that have copied or saved that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, emails and email content collected as part of Company’s Services, telephone number, or any other information the Site collects that is as personal or personally identification information under an applicable law (“Personal Information”);
- by which others that you communicate with may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, emails and email content collected as part of Company’s Services, telephone number, or any other information the Services or Site collects that is as personal or personally identification information under an applicable law (also “Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as word usage, vocabulary, or mannerisms; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Directly from you when you use Company’s Site or Services.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site or Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us: The information we collect on or through our Site or Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site or Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site or Services, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site or Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including emails and email addresses), if you contact us or use the Site or Services.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site or Services.
User Contributions. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site or Services, or transmitted to other users of the Site, Services, or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and any information you transmit to us is at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site or Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Device Identifiers. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Site or Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Company. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Site or Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Site or Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site or Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site or Services, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Provide our Site to you.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site or Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services, Site, and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Services, Site, and its contents to you.
- To provide our Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or you and another user, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services and Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site and Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other lawful purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by using the op-out options in your profile or by clicking the unsubscribe link present in the email. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
You may receive emails from the Company for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted a User Contribution. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. If you have an account with us, you can select your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to or correct any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 13045 Paul Circle Plainfield, IL 60585.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for, nor does it target children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is transferred via SSL and stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are processed by a third-party merchant services provider, and we do not store any credit card numbers, CCVs, or card expiration dates.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not reuse passwords across different services, and assume any associated risks in doing so. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site or Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site or Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site or Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or through our Services.
Storage and Processing
Your information collected through the Site or Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which the Company or its service providers maintain facilities. The Company or its service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
13045 Paul Circle
Plainfield, IL 60585