Effective June 29, 2018
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site or through our Services
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site or our Services
- In email, text, and other electronic messages gathered or sourced for the purpose of using Company’s Services
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Services
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party apps and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other application unaffiliated with the Services operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or Services.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide Us
We may collect the following information from you when you use the Site:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to use our Service, posting material, or requesting further services. Such information includes your name, industry, organization name, job role, e-mail address and phone number
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Payment information such as your billing address and credit card information
- Your search queries on the Site
Information Collected from Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Your device’s operating system, browser type and language
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and geographic areas derived from your IP address
- Details of your visits to our Site including time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits
- Other usage data relating to your activities on our Sites, including page requests
- Websites you have viewed prior to visiting the Site
- Your online activities over a period of time (“Behavioral Tracking”)
What are cookies, web beacons and similar automatic data collection technologies and how do we use them?
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual the web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. There are several types of cookies:
- Session Cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent Cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-Party Cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-Party Cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies (also known as “Local Shared Objects” or “LSOs”) are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data that is stored, as well as the way in which data is stored. Flash cookies are commonly used for advertisements and videos.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” “clear GIFs” and “single-pixel GIFs”) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We use beacons for similar reasons as cookies, though beacons primarily help us better manage content on our Site by informing us which content is effective (e.g. recording the popularity of certain pages on the Site or counting the users that have opened a particular email).
Our use of such technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness of the advertisements and content that have been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of the technologies for performance related, functionality related, or advertising or targeting related purposes above are based on your consent, obtained through a conspicuous disclosure on our Site. You can with draw this consent through your browser settings as explained below.
If we combine non-personal information collected by cookies with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
For browser-specific information on how to adjust cookie configurations on the following browsers, please click on the relevant link below:
Use of these technologies by authorized third-parties
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through the Site
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
- To contact you about our own or third parties’ goods or services that may be of interest to you, if you have given your consent
- To display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates (either now existing or thereby created in the future)
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We use third party data processor Google Analytics to process your data. Information about how Google uses your data when you use our Site can be found at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented and opted-in to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and only use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our customers or others.
Your Choices & Obligations
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Site and Services. Even if you only use our Site intermittently, we will retain your information and keep your account open until you decide to close your account or for a period of three years, whichever occurs first.
Right to Access and Control Your Personal Data
For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g. if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data, particularly if it is inaccurate at the email address below.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
Visitors can make request by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to delete your account, we delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms of Service, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our Site and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your passwords and account registration information and verifying that the personal data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
Links to Other Websites
This Site and the services related to the Site are not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information, including personal data from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us via the information below if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16.
Questions or Complaints